Fileja Pasta with Nduja, from Calabria
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium high heat.
2. Add chopped garlic and sauté until it softens.
3. Add in chopped ’nduja.
4. When it begins to break apart, pour in the red wine and cook until the sauce reduces by half.
5. In the meantime, use either a hand blender to puree plum tomatoes or run tomatoes through a hand mill. Combine into mixture and cook for about 20-30 minutes.
6. Add in fresh basil in the last few minutes for extra aroma and flavour.
7. While the sauce is cooking, place fileja pasta in salted boiling water.
8. Cook for about 12 minutes.
9. Strain pasta and then combine into sauce mixture so flavours integrate well.
10. Garnish with grated Crotonese cheese and serve.
- Preparation Time: 0 min
- Cooking Time: - min
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: low
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 g (18 oz) fileja pasta
- ’Nduja, ¾ cup (6 oz) chopped
- 750 g (26 oz) plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60 g) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup (125 ml) red wine
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- ½ cup (125 g) of grated Crotonese cheese (for garnish)