Sugo alla Paesana, from Calabria
1. Mix the pork, egg (soaked in cream), grated cheese, wild fennel, and parsley. Make small nut size balls.
2. In a separate pan, put the extra virgin olive oil with a chopped onion, for 1 minute. Then, fry the meatballs for 5 minutes, remove and put aside.
3. Add the tomatoes and half a teaspoon of salt in the pan (with the onion) and cook for 16 minutes.
4. Cook the pasta in salted water for 16 minutes and drain al dente.
5. In an oiled oven pan, put the first layer of pasta with 3 spoons of tomato sauce, meatballs, and parmigiano cheese.
6. Repeat for 2 additional layers.
7. Put the pasta in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 °C/ 392 °F, or heat in microwave for 6 minutes and then serve immediately.
- Preparation Time: 0 min
- Cooking Time: - min
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: -
Ingredients for 4 people
- 800 g Chopped tomatoes
- 454 g Fileja Pasta
- 200 g Chopped Onion
- 200 g Ground Pork
- 200 g Parmigiano Cheese
- 100 g Grated Cheese
- 30 ml Cream
- 8 Spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Sprig of Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon of Wild Fennel
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt